Not only can tire issues be terrifying, they can also cost you an arm and a leg. No matter how awesome the tire technology, sometimes damage is inevitable because of uncontrollable factors like road conditions, which is why we have a warranty that keeps your fears in check.
Your Accelera tires come with the following warranty perks:
- Workmanship & Materials Warranty
- Mileage Warranty
If you end up experiencing any issues with your Accelera tires, make sure you head back to the original tire shop where you bought your Accelera tires from to file a claim. To read some our tips and tricks on taking better care of your tires, check out our Tires 101 page.
Below are some of tedious but important details on the terms and conditions of the Accelera Warranty Policy:
ABOUT ACCELERA LIMITED WARRANTY
This limited warranty covers all new Accelera brand replacement radial tires purchased after May 1, 2016, supplied either directly or through an authorized Accelera dealer, which are mounted on passenger cars, vans, and light trucks and have been used on the same vehicle that they were originally installed on.
This warranty applies to consumers actually purchasing and using the tires in all of North America, limited to the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia, the non-contiguous states of Hawaii and Alaska and Canada.
Workmanship & Materials
Accelera warrants all eligible tires with a complete DOT identification number against defects in workmanship and materials. Upon examination, if Accelera determines that the tire(s) is not serviceable due to a condition covered by this warranty, it will be replaced by a comparable new Accelera tire as follows:
- During the first 2/32” of the original usable tread, or within twelve (12) months from the date of purchase (proof of purchase required) whichever comes first, Accelera will replace the tire with a comparable new Accelera tire 100% free of charge. Applicable fees and taxes and costs of mounting and balancing are payable by the owner.
- After the 100% replacement term expires and the tire is still within sixty (60) months of the date of purchase (proof purchase required), credit will be pro-rated towards the purchase of a comparable Accelera tire. The credit will be determined by the percentage of original tread depth remaining on the tire. Applicable fees and taxes and costs of mounting and balancing are payable by the owner.
The authorized Accelera dealer will determine the adjustment cost by multiplying the percentage of original usable tread worn by the current Accelera price in effect at the time of adjustment.
Refer to the example below to obtain the credit percentage:
RTD = Remaining Tread Depth
OTD = Original Tread Depth
If RTD = 5/32” = 5 and OTD = 10/32” = 10
The calculation is:
Remaining Usable Tread Depth/Original Usable Tread Depth = 3/8 = 0.375 = 38%
ACCELERA MILEAGE WARRANTY
In addition to the above workmanship and materials warranty, Accelera also warrants that the tread life of all replacement passenger tires or light truck tires, supplied either directly or through an authorized Accelera dealer, will have the following tread wear warranty coverage from the point of original purchase (proof of purchase required):
|Passenger||Eco Plush||45,000 miles|
|Passenger||PHI R||30,000 miles|
|Passenger||PHI 2||30,000 miles|
|SUV/4×4||IOTA ST68||35,000 miles|
|SUV/4×4||OMIKRON HT||35,000 miles|
|SUV/4×4||OMIKRON AT||35,000 miles|
If a tire reaches the end of its usable tread life (2/32”) before the stated mileage warranty, it will be replaced by a comparable Accelera tire on a pro-rated basis. The authorized Accelera dealer will determine the adjustment cost by multiplying the percentage of mileage obtained by the current Accelera price in effect at the time of adjustment.
To make a claim, the owner must present the original Accelera Mileage Warranty Card, which records the date of purchase, name of purchaser, original mileage, and identification of the vehicle to an authorized Accelera dealer.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MILEAGE TREAD WEAR WARRANTY:
- The tires must be rotated every 5,000 – 6,000 miles
- The owner must be the original purchaser of the tires and have the original copy of the invoice showing the application mileage
- The original purchaser must be the owner of the vehicle on which the tires were originally installed
- The tires are worn out evenly across the tread, down to the tread wear indicator (2/32”) at which time they are considered to be 100% worn out. The tire must not have more than 2/32” tread depth difference
- The Tire Rotation Card must be completed by the servicing dealer
- For vehicles equipped with staggered size fitments (different tire sizes on the front and rear axles) which cannot be rotated, the mileage warranty for the front or rear tires will be 50% of the warranted miles specified under the standard Accelera tread wear warranty
Receive special offers and updates